SUSTAINABLE PACKING GUIDELINES
With a little preparation and planning, you can greatly reduce your footprint at Electric Love (and every other festival you may attend).
Here are a few tips for packing and organizing an awesomely green camp!
PLANNING: THINK ABOUT YOUR PURCHASE
- Look around at home, reuse or repurpose what you have before purchasing new stuff
- Make good investments in new products that can be used for many adventures
- Look for items that are made from recycled materials
- Remove excess packaging materials from new products before your arrive at the festival – this significantly impacts the festival cleanup and also creates a lot more room to pack!
PACKING: BRING THE BASICS
- Bring a reusable water bottle as well as reusable cups, plates, and cutlery for your campsite
- Bring a recycled container for cigarette butts
- Pack biodegradable soap and a washtub for dishes; water will be available
- Bring extra recycling & trash bags – plan a spot in your campsite for sorted recycling and trash
WORK TOGETHER: POOL YOUR RESOURCES
- Buy in bulk when possible
- Coordinate with your fellow campers so you don’t duplicate items
- Carpool to Electric Love with friends and family check out Electric Ride Share page on Facebook:
- Facebook Ride Share
- Pack light and Ride your Bike to Electric Love!
- Share your excitement online and help your neighbors be sustainable too!